The next workshop of the Permanent Study Group "Policy Design and Evaluation" will take place at the European Group for Public Administration (EGPA) conference in Lausanne, from 5-7 September 2018.
As in previous years, we are particularly interested in papers dealing with issues of expertise use for policymaking, especially from a comparative perspective, looking at different policy sectors and/or countries.
Aspects that will be dealt include the following sub-themes:
* Practices and patterns of expertise use in policymaking and bureaucracies
* Applying knowledge-oriented theories of the policy process (e.g. learning)
* Current case studies of expertise (non-)use
* Policy research and its impact on policymaking
* Developing a mature design and evaluation culture in organisations
* Policy design and evaluation in light of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG)
New this year is that we will have one workshop session jointly organized with Permanent Study Group XIII on Public Policy and the International Forum of Comparative Policy Analysis! This session will be dedicated to the theme of “The Policy Process in the Digital Age: Comparative Perspectives”. An award will be handed out for the best comparative paper on this topic.